I had a newspaper editor once who insisted that a reporter (or writer, I suppose) only had so much concentration to give, and he didn’t like his reporters breaking that focus (or earning money on the side).
I have reluctantly come to agree with him as I try to write new fiction, convert a novella into a graphic novel, keep up my social media presence, do a little consulting on the side, keep a personal writer’s journal and write a blog about moving from reporting and editing non-fiction to writing fiction.
Oh, and mow the lawn now and then.
Time quickly gets out of hand. So here are the posts I’m trying to find time to write:
- Process for converting novella into a graphic novel
- Writing is not enough … gotta be a marketer, too
- The Big Thrill … the free zine from International Thriller Writer
- Mysteries vs. Thrillers
- Great graphic from Jane Friedman: 4 Ways to Publish
- Before Writers Become Authors: Decisions to Make
- I got invited into a writer’s group!
Finally, yes, I would like a little cheese with my whine.